September 13, 2012


Last week I mentioned that I had a bedroom in need of an update.  You can read that post here.  So here are the changes that were made.

Below are some of the things I used along the way and what I couldn't have done without.

Wall Color - Behr Ultra Paint & Primer in One
Light Incense

Accent Wall - Behr Ultra Paint & Primer in One
Aspen Aura

Dressers & Bed - Benjamin Moore Impervo
Deserted Island
Antiqued with Rust-oleum Decorative Glaze - Java Brown

 I chose burlap for the curtains.   The must have to make these a no sew project is Stitch Witchery Tape.  I pressed in a 5/8" hem on all four sides and then folded it over again and ironed it closed with the tape.  SUPER EASY and the tape adheres nicely to the burlap.  

The dust ruffle is made of denim.   I made this a no sew project too.   I kept the denim folded in half with enough length to go down the side of the mattress.  The folded end is the hem.  I gave it a kick pleat in the center then tucked the material between the mattress and the box spring and attached it using Upholstery Pins.  They have a coiled end which secures the material and prevents it from slipping.  My second must have!  

A few hand selected accessories, the VW van added some whimsy, and some sewn throw pillows and the room came together.    We can't even recall the way it was.  Good thing for pictures- sigh. 

Nail Polish/Perfume Organizer

PS   The best corner of the room contains jewelry, nail polish and perfume :)  A spice rack keeps all the polish organized and a memo board holds necklaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment