August 7, 2012

DIY Buffet






This was a roadside rescue!   I spotted it one day on the way to the mall but didn't have time to stop.  I was pleasantly surprised to see it still there on my way home.   I pulled over put down the back seats and loaded it in.  I washed it down with Murphy's soap and let it sit out for a day.



Primed it with Zinsser's Bullseye 123.

Buffet - After


I like using Benjamin Moore Impervo Satin Finish on furniture pieces.  Here I used BM Black and BM Dunmore Cream.  After cleaning off the original brass handles I reused them.  I'm always searching for a piece to provide extra storage and this holds plenty of linens in the top drawers and glassware and dishes below.   Saving it from the landfill is an extra bonus.


I'm linking this project to Southern Hospitality.
and also Elizabeth & Co



7 comments:

  1. wow turned out lovely great find

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I apologize for not replying sooner - I'm a newbie at this!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful transformation and a great rescue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. Those are my favorite pieces to work on - free :)

      Delete
  3. It turned out amazing! Great find and transformation. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am continually amazed at what people throw out! Here's another perfect example of trash turned treasure. Great job!

    Small House / Big Sky Donna
    http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete